are you spontaneous?

Thursday, August 04, 2016

an alternate title could be: if you were looking in a mirror, deciding you need a haircut, would you cut it right then yourself, or schedule an appointment for later?

guess which one I did?

like, just 10 minutes ago.

You know I grabbed the shears from the kitchen (we even have hair trimming scissors somewhere in the house) and cut my hair in a straight line right over the trashcan without looking in the mirror.

I promptly realized that would not suffice and spent some time sprucing it up, this time actually looking at what I was doing. And you know? it doesn't look too bad, but I will probably need to schedule an appointment now anyway.

All that to say, I am very spontaneous. You have a better chance of getting me to do something by asking me in the moment. I get nervous with talk of planning a month from now, or even tomorrow. I like to keep my schedule open and like to take each day as it's own.

I crave spontaneity, new things, and change.

Though, I am figuring out that not everyone is as spontaneous as I am.

And, that sometimes I can't be as spontaneous as I want to be. I'm now that mom that has to work around my baby's nap schedule and I can't stay out as late as I want.

It may be a funny question, but I find myself asking this to my new friends here in St. Louis. I like to know who I can call on those days I want to get out and do something last minute. And who I probably need to plan a playdate with in a week so that we can get together.

I'm learning how to plan sometimes, but also knowing that I don't thrive with my days planned. I still need to keep a couple days open for a little spontaneity. I'm also trying really hard to commit to the plans I've made.

So, are you spontaneous? Or do you like to plan things in advance?

--
Throwback photo from last October with a 5 month old Ruby at my alma mater, Miami University

You Might Also Like

0 comments

ten dollars for you!

Sign up for Ebates with this link and get 10 dollars! It's one of my favorite ways to save money while shopping online and it's so easy! I've already made over 250 dollars! send me an email if you have any questions!! :)
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Subscribe