6 sleep tips from the best

Friday, March 18, 2016

I recently read something that said, 'I don't want to sleep like a baby, I want to sleep like my husband'. And it's so true. It makes me a little angry that Jordan sleeps so well, and i'm usually up thinking about nonsense.

Casper asked me to share some thoughts sleep for World Sleep Day, so I decided to ask the best sleeper I know. So, here are some tips from Jordan's Sleep School, free of charge! :)

Jordan's Sleep School 

1. Sleep is essential.
"I'm a grump if I don't get good sleep"

2. Wind down before bed.
Do something you enjoy, read a book, watch tv

3. Cold bedroom with warm sheets.
Jordan prefers to keep the temp down around 64 when you can and use flannel sheets (in the winter time) He also very dislikes cold feet touching him, so he says ;)

4. Wake up slowly
Jordan sets a couple alarms to ensure that he gets up, he also likes to read in the morning and take his time getting out of bed. 

5. Take care of things during the day - don't think or worry about them at night
The key to getting good sleep is having a good day. Try not to plan anything too stressful in the morning (like a test or difficult meeting)
Jordan is a very efficient person by nature, so he typically aims to get everything done of his to do list.

I think this is one area that would help me to fall asleep quicker. Instead I often put things off and am worrying about them in the evening (when I can't do anything about it) to make sure I do it the next day

6. Comfy bed with comfy pillows
Jordan and I often prop up all of the pillows to sit up, relax, read and talk before bed.
Also, invest in a nice mattress, and I am a sucker for memory foam, so a topper for our bed and have an appropriate pillow for how you sleep.

(Ruby is two months in this photo above)

These were just a few things that stuck out to him in our conversation about this sleep habits. He also helps me when I can't fall asleep at night. He often tells me to get out of bed, sit down somewhere else and read a book, or lay down on the couch.

I think my biggest lifesaver recently for me, has been the reminder app on my phone. I'll just tell Siri to "remind me to water the orchid every Monday" and she will. Or "remind me tomorrow night girl's night at 6:30 p.m." Then I don't have to worry about it. Definitely a big help for this mama who can't seem to remember ANYTHING. Does it ever come back???

What are some of your sleep habits? Do you have any lifesaving tips?

P.S. Here is a great infographic on the power of naps and ruby sleeping

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. I am a huge proponent for the cold bedroom tip! If it wasn't a waste of electricity I would totally sleep in flannel sheets with the A/C blasting even during the summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 64 sometimes seems a little cold for me, but i do have to agree that i sleep better and i can bundle up with blankets! :)

      & the summer can just be miserable, i totally agree...

      Delete
  2. Ha! This post made me laugh, and it is SO true about the sleeping husband quote!! Obsessed with my casper... I even wrote a post about it! Check it out here: http://www.iadorewhatilove.com/2016/03/07/i-sleep-with-casper/

    Xox Dana Ivy // www.iadorewhatilove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? he doesn't get my sleep troubles, because he just sleeps so well. I checked out your post, their mattresses look soo comfy!! :)

      Delete
  3. I just want to sleep, I don't care if it is like a baby or like a husband, sleep is all I need. Great tips, would sure try it out.
    http://dressmecasual.blogspot.com.eg/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get it! I think that's what Jordan was getting at in his first 'sleep is essential' bit. at first he was like, what else is there? i just sleep. hah

      i eventually got a little more out of him! :)

      Delete
  4. I love this post! I need SO much sleep to be functional :)
    XO
    Molly
    www.trendychickadee.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. great tips.. such a cutie pie!! xxo
    Jamie
    www.jamieeverafter.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Lovely tips!
    Hugs,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are such great tips! I recently started turning the heat off when we go to bed and it really does seem to make a big difference! My only issue is that it then seems much harder to get out of bed haha
    xx Annie
    http://www.somethingswellblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

ten dollars for you!

Sign up for Ebates with this link and get 10 dollars! It's one of my favorite ways to save money while shopping online and it's so easy! I've already made over 250 dollars! send me an email if you have any questions!! :)
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Subscribe