monday morning chatter

Monday, February 08, 2016


I woke up this morning feeling rested and ready to tackle the new week. This hasn't been the case lately, as Ruby has not been sleeping so well at night. This past week she learned so many new things, from climbing up on everything to clapping. She really is working through that milestones list! All that to say, she doesn't have much time to eat during the day and has been waking up at night. I didn't get to bed until late last night, so I was expecting a tough morning, but was pleasantly surprised when Rubes slept in.


Did you watch the Superbowl last night? We didn't go to a party since we haven't had much family time and Jordan was actually off in the evening. We made our favorite taco dip and watched the game. Although, by the end of the game both Ruby and Jordan were asleep and I was on my computer. So, none of us were really interested. 

I got lost in a rabbit hole of reading new blogs. It was the first time that I have done that in a while. It was refreshing and inspiring to see others making and creating. I was so inspired I started a few blog posts, with paragraphs of endless rambling. I hope to sort through some of it and share with you this week. One revelation I did have, was the why behind this blog. So many bloggers have a clear motto, or reason behind their blog and what they post. And I don't. I'm choosing to be ok in working through what I want out of this space. I am working out more and more what I want to look like and what you will expect to see here. Don't be too surprised, it may be a little bit of everything. But, I wouldn't mind some help. What have been your favorite posts so far? What would you like to see more of? Are there some posts that you just don't read? 

Also, for this first time I started to comment on most of the blogs I visited. I don't know what it is about blogs, but commenting doesn't come as natural as instagram or some social media platforms. I've never been one to really mind that I don't get many comments on my blog, because it's been mostly for me. I posted to remember & to share moments with family. But, as I mentioned earlier, this blog is slowly changing. This isn't to guilt trip you into commenting on my blog (ok, maybe a little) but, a call to bring back the blogging platform as a way to communicate and build community. I'm hoping that this is a little space of the internet that puts a little smile on your face. 

& a little shout out to Brittany (Hi, Britt!) and others for taking the time to share some love on the blog! I always appreciate it!  


My brother and his wife were visiting this past weekend and we visited the City Museum here in St. Louis. It was so FUN. all caps fun, yes. I woke up the next morning hurting and with bruised knees. It was fun to feel like a little kid again. Chelsey got some good photos, so I will share more about this soon when I get them, so I won't talk too much about it now. I just couldn't help but to mention it and share these photos that I posted over on my instagram


Man, I had more thoughts in my head than I realized. If you're like me and sometimes can't quite handle that many words, here's the recap:

Ruby slept in this morning and I woke up feeling awake and refreshed for the first time in too long.

Ruby is a crazy, fearless baby, and is growing and changing faster than either of us can handle. It's messing up both of our sleep.

We stayed in and watched the superbowl. It wasn't too exciting, but fun fact: Jordan and I's relationship started after he took me home from a superbowl party years ago, or so he says.

I rambled about how I entertained myself during the superbowl by finding new blogs and had some good reflection time on my own blog.

I asked your opinion.. what do you want to see on here? what are posts or things you like about my blog? What bores you? (My endless rambling...??)

I also went off on a tangent about commenting on blogs... so I'm going to feel really uncool if noone comments on this post.

I also mentioned how we visited the City Museum this weekend. It was awesome. You need to go.

That's all. Happy Monday! oh, and text raincheck to 888222 today for a free chipotle burrito. totally legit.

also, I wish I would have bookmarked some of the new blogs I found. If I find the time I may have to go through my internet history to find them. Are there any new or old favorite blogs that you have been reading?

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I read!! : ) I love looking at your pretty pictures and hearing your perspective about various things. My favorite posts are the ones that are "tutorials" of sorts- home decorating ideas, little crafty projects, mama guides, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are the sweetest, Bethany! Thanks for the feedback! And thanks for always encouraging me and stopping by! I have some posts like that that I've been working on, and you've given me just the motivation I need to finish them!

      Delete
  2. Awe these photos are adorable
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so sweet and your baby girl is beautiful. Thanks for stopping by Mini Piccolini - and for commenting(!) as it helped me to find my way to your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love how this small community of blogging works, I feel like I'm just starting to dip my toes in the water. And Thanks for stopping by, I wanted to remember your sweet blog and now I have a link to it!

      Delete
  4. Hi Katy! I don't know (remember?! Ha! #mombrain) if we connected much in college but I heard so much about you from Kate Cook I felt like I knew you😉 Found your blog recently and I really enjoy reading it! Your pictures are SO beautiful and I think it really enhances your posts. I went through a "what should my blog focus on?" a while back and it's hard! Good luck in your journey and figuring out your focus:) Hope you all are well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie! I know, college feels forever ago! and I feel you, i have a bad case of mombrain. Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it! It's nice to know that someone else walked through the same thing!

      I would love to check out your blog, what's the name of it?

      Delete

ten dollars for you!

Sign up for Ebates with this link and get 10 dollars! It's one of my favorite ways to save money while shopping online and it's so easy! I've already made over 250 dollars! send me an email if you have any questions!! :)
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Subscribe