brunch in clayton

Monday, February 29, 2016


Happy Monday! As I mentioned in this past post, Jordan has been working long, long hours, 6 days a week. Today marks the start of working normalish hours for him for a little while! Well, at least for March.

So, this is a very happy Monday! Oh, and happy leap day!


I spy a little Ruby girl in that window


Last week Jordan was working nights all week, meaning he would go in to work around 8:30 at night. He can sometimes sleep there, but usually only manages to get an hour or so of rest. 


We woke up to a big snow fall one day last week, which was funny as it was just 70 degrees here a few days before and afterward. Weather in the midwest is so strange. 

Jordan got home that morning feeling awake after getting some rest during his night at the hospital. Jordan's mom was also visiting, so, we took advantage of our opportunity, braved the snow, and headed out for brunch. We decided on half & half, which is in a neighborhood around St. Louis. 



Ruby is just now getting the hang of these caps for her pouches. We're loving them so far. I will give you a better review of them as soon as she really gets it figured out! I got Ruby's headband from a friend's etsy shop


Can you imagine sitting out when it's warmer? Isn't this place beautiful? 

Jordan and I have only made our way out to this area here for dinner once, so it was a treat walking down this street. I hope to explore another time when it's not so windy and cold! 


Glad Jordan's mom was able to snag this photo of us. Ruby's hair is making me laugh. There's not much, but it's all sticking up! Our faithful papa is looking pretty tired here. We're so thankful for all of his hard work, but we're looking forward to a whole week of vacation with him pretty soon.


I just thought this scene was pretty ironic, with the bright yellow chairs and umbrellas covered in snow. Spring is coming soon, friends!

If your in the area and looking for a brunch place, we really liked half & half! I had the cali omelette, but I wish I would have gone with the veggie hash or the clara cakes. Those looked delicious! The coffee was excellent as were the doughnuts.

We hope to visit this area again soon, if just to walk down the brick storefronts again. Or to grab a cup of coffee. :)

Seeing the snow in these photos is getting me excited for our trip out to Arizona and Denver! We're starting to make some plans now, do you have any suggestions?

You can now follow my blog with Bloglovin :)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Let's go there this summer! It looks so cute. Get some sleep, Jord. As Tommy would say, "You're a hero."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can't wait for your next visit, and hopefully we will know of all of the fun places to take you! and that Tom boy, I can't wait to see him!

      Delete

ten dollars for you!

Sign up for Ebates with this link and get 10 dollars! It's one of my favorite ways to save money while shopping online and it's so easy! I've already made over 250 dollars! send me an email if you have any questions!! :)
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Subscribe