Hello February!

Tuesday, February 02, 2016


I still can't believe that it's 2016, and now we're already in the second month! I have been working on a review of 2015 that I want to share, and I still have Thanksgiving and Christmas photos I want to get through. I won't even get into the photos from years ago. But, time keeps passing. I started to feel really overwhelmed last week when our desktop was running out of space. It did force me to start processing some of the photos and I was able to free up a lot of space, but I hardly began to really scratch the surface of all of the discarding and organizing I need to do.

I'm learning a lot about being ok with everything not being perfect, and how I want it to be. Sometimes I go through this identity crisis, where I am very much Type B, but also a perfectionist. It's an internal war that's been going on my entire life, and usually I end up giving up because I don't have time to make things as perfect as I want them to be. This year one of my goals is to be a little more like my husband, he's so efficient and just does things, he's pretty much a robot. He can't quite comprehend why I seem to have so much trouble in the area. We are vastly different.


Oh, and Happy Groundhog's Day! Did you see that Punxsutawney Phil didn't see his shadow? This is the first year in a while that I can remember that happening. It's already starting to feel a little like spring around here. Although, I almost wouldn't mind another big snow, I feel like it was hardly winter. Especially compared to the past couple years. My hope is that we will get a little more snow and I can wear this sweater a couple more times and then spring can last until next winter comes again. Because, we all know that spring is the superior season.


I just really wanted to stop in and share these sweet family photos Jordan's mom captures while she was visiting earlier in January. It helped a little to also get some of my thoughts down as well. I think that this year is going to be the year I learn that everything doesn't need to be perfect. I will probably stop in and talk your ear off about this several more times I am sure. So, as always, thanks for listening to all of my thoughts.


I already feel a little less overwhelmed sharing this and thinking about spring. phew. thanks. 

So, you may see some Christmas photos here soon, or maybe even this summer. And that's ok. My goal is to continue to stop in here to say hi a few times a week. I'll continue to share some current life updates and some of the past that I still want to share with you. 

Also, that outtake of Jordan and Rubes. She's starting to look more and more like her father every day. See you over here tomorrow.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

ten dollars for you!

Sign up for Ebates with this link and get 10 dollars! It's one of my favorite ways to save money while shopping online and it's so easy! I've already made over 250 dollars! send me an email if you have any questions!! :)
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Subscribe