valentine's day with ruby

Wednesday, February 10, 2016


I had not thought too much about celebrating valentine's day with the ruby girl until last night while we were in target

Granted, I thought about getting her a book or something, but was still trying to resist the consumerism urge. (She also already has this cute heart rattle thanks to Bannor Toys) But, while standing in the target card aisle, I totally caved. Hard. I never buy cards, I usually make them, but we stopped at the card section at target last night looking at cards to dad from a daughter. I just couldn't help myself. Everything about her relationship with her father makes me a little teary eyed and sentimental. 


I decided to play a little game with Ruby to choose a special card for her papa.

I held up two cards so that she could pick one. I kept switching out the card she didn't pick with another one. I only had to do this a few times, because she picked out the same one each time and it was clear that was the card she liked best. 

Of course for her papa, she picked one out of the 'from son' section, haha. I just know that her papa is going to love it. I may have also thought about picking up some little valentine's for her baby friends, but snapped out of it, and decided that was too far. (ok, maybe they didn't have any cute ones left)


After we got back and Jordan got home, I told him about how Ruby picked him out a card herself. He definitely asked about the details of my little game to see how legitimate her 'choosing' the card was. I assured him, that it was her favorite, albeit she may not know that it's for him, but I like to think so. :)

We both agreed to get her this book as a valentine from us. Ruby loves getting kisses and will sometimes even give me a slobbery one. I read the reviews and thought this would be another great book to add to her collection. I love buying gifts and Jordan doesn't, so we usually even each other out.

Books are always an easy choice though, and he can even justify them. I love getting books for holidays and writing the date and little mementos to continue to look back through the years. Such a sentimental, fun, and practical gift.


and just for fun.. here are some more sweet, pink, and heartfelt gifts for your little:
(all under 20 dollars, because that's how we roll)

more books:

the book I mentioned in this post
the other book I thought about getting for Rubes (I also saw this at Target)
for your princess
romeo & juliet boardbook
hug machine

other fun gifts:

the best baby socks ever
the heart rattle in these photos and this heart teether
this pink flower headband

and i've been eyeing this sweet ballet dress for Ruby (it's on sale! but, i will still wait for a coupon!) and this matching cardigan, and ballet shoes!

I already can't wait until next year when she will actually be able to pick out a card for her papa again. Hopefully this turns into a fun little tradition.

are you getting your little anything for valentine's day? do you have any traditions?

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Aww such a cute post, amazing pictures! Gorgeous pictures! I really like your blog, let me know if you would like to follow each other! x
    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww such a cute post, amazing pictures! Gorgeous pictures! I really like your blog, let me know if you would like to follow each other! x
    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're so sweet, adele! thank you for the nice words. i'll definitely head on over to check out your blog! :)

      Delete

ten dollars for you!

Sign up for Ebates with this link and get 10 dollars! It's one of my favorite ways to save money while shopping online and it's so easy! I've already made over 250 dollars! send me an email if you have any questions!! :)
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Subscribe