homemade pasta

Friday, February 26, 2016


Last week Jordan made one of my favorite meals and even managed to make it a million times better. He made homemade pasta. I love pasta, especially when it's made fresh. Pair it with a wine butter sauce and vegetables (peas and broccoli, please) and I'm happy.

The past couple months have been difficult with Jordan working long hours. Jordan is an intern in his first year of his medical residency. His schedule shifts often and he works long hours, like 80 or more hours a week. That's twice the amount of a normal person. 

I'm thankful for Jordan in that on his days off he is fully present. Even if he gets a few hours of sleep on a night shift, he's ready to do something together. We had a few bad days, and it's really hard when you can't talk or spend time with one another. Jordan knew that I needed something special and he really made me feel loved. Because, food is the best way to keep a marriage thriving, but you knew that, right? 

He even mixed it by hand, mixing the eggs in the flour. 


He even had a personal taste tester. She took her job very seriously.


She's admiring some of the snow still left on the ground. This was such a sweet little family moment, cooking and eating. These times don't happen too often, but I savor them when they do. 

We often like to eat dinner with Ruby, but this night we waited until after she went to sleep. I enjoyed eating a homemade dinner with my husband in our home. We talked about how much Jordan enjoyed making pasta. He even went on about a different type of flour to try next time. Now, this is a hobby that I can get behind. 

Have you made pasta from scratch before? Do you have any tips?

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I've always wanted to try to make my own pasta. I'm sure it was delicious! The photos are beautiful, by the way. Glad I came across your blog.

    www.farihawajid.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't that difficult! The hardest part, says my husband, was getting the pasta thin. I'm hoping he tries again soon! :)

      Delete
    2. It wasn't that difficult! The hardest part, says my husband, was getting the pasta thin. I'm hoping he tries again soon! :)

      Delete

ten dollars for you!

Sign up for Ebates with this link and get 10 dollars! It's one of my favorite ways to save money while shopping online and it's so easy! I've already made over 250 dollars! send me an email if you have any questions!! :)
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Subscribe