Grand Canyon

Thursday, March 03, 2016


We're heading back to the great state of Arizona soon, so I thought I would share these photos from our visit to the Grand Canyon in the fall of 2014. These photos were taken on the 18th of October. 

We did a lot of traveling in 2014. It was one of my favorite years for that reason, and also that we found out we were expecting Ruby. I believe I was about 10 weeks pregnant in these photos. 

Like I mentioned in this post, Jordan had to do another away rotation for medical school in Las Vegas. On my school's fall break I flew out to visit him for his last week. I found out I was pregnant days before he left. It was really difficult because at that time it was a little early to tell anyone. And I was very sick and tired. Most days I would come home from work and go to bed without eating dinner because I didn't have the energy to eat. 

So, this was a special trip. It was fun to be reunited with Jordan again and to have time to talk about everything. Even if I did get sick a lot and couldn't quite keep up with him. 
Towards the end of my visit with Jordan we met up with our good friends, Steve and Lexi. (that's Steve above) We spent a day with them exploring the Grand Canyon and Sedona. We are excited to visit them again soon and meet their little boy.

We were just reminiscing with them about how we told them we were pregnant during this trip. And now a little over a year later we both have added a baby to the mix.
Lexi and I were both happy sitting above taking photos of these crazy guys. I spent most of my time looking up stats of how many people have fallen into the Grand Canyon. I was already in mama mode and wanting to protect our little Ruby girl.
 I still can't get over how crazy the Grand Canyon is, it's vastness is a little overwhelming.

 Since this was just a quick stop, we didn't have too much time, nor did I want to, take a hike into the canyon. I would definitely recommend that if you do visit to take the time and properly explore.

The Grand Canyon is a little weird in that you drive up to it, park, and then walk a little ways and it's there. It's kind of disappointing (but, for sure convenient). I was a little nervous to share these thought, because, I mean, it's the Grand Canyon.

Jordan and I were definitely on the same page. So, if you visit, make sure to take the time to really connect and explore. Take a little hike down to fully understand it's depths. It's obviously still an incredible site and I do not take this experience for granted.

We can't wait to visit again. Jordan already booked us a hotel so we can visit Antelope Canyon, which we weren't sure if we'd be able to visit. Any suggestions on places that we should visit on the way or any restaurants?

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Great photos! Those guys are crazy! I would die of a heart attack before going so far towards the edge O_O But they make for great photos, haha. Their bright shirts also help make the images pop :)

    www.deasynoel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I definitely did not go out there! But, it does look scarier than it actually was

      Delete
  2. I meannnn, GORGEOUS photos! I am afraid of heights but happy to live vicariously through you!!

    Xox Dana Ivy // www.iadorewhatilove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! it wasn't too scary staying at the top. the boys are the adventurous ones!

      Delete
  3. Wow, great pictures! If you are going to the Antilope Canyon, you could consider visiting Lee's Ferry. It is a historic Grand Canyon crossing site. It's not that far from Page. Enjoy, your trip to Antilope Canyon! It's amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! I wish I would have seen it sooner! We loved antilope canyon, i can't wait to share the photos with you! :)

      Delete
  4. Looks unreal!

    Brigita
    www.brigitadambe.com

    ReplyDelete

ten dollars for you!

Sign up for Ebates with this link and get 10 dollars! It's one of my favorite ways to save money while shopping online and it's so easy! I've already made over 250 dollars! send me an email if you have any questions!! :)
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Subscribe