Trip to the Pacific Northwest

Thursday, February 25, 2016


Here are more of our photos from our trip to the Pacific Northwest. The photos on this day were taken on June 27, 2014. 

In the summer of 2014, Jordan did an away rotation at Travis Air force Base in California. Since I was a teacher and had the summer off I went with him. We made the most of the opportunity and stopped by Seattle on our way out to visit friends. 

Our friends, Ashley and Kevin graciously let us stay with them and showed us around. We are so thankful for them, and they did such a great job of packing in so many wonderful things for us to see.

I loved everything about the trip, but driving around with these friends on this day was by far my favorite. Washington is beautiful. Everything is so green, and a little moody. I love that about this place. 


We hopped in the car and picked up these strawberries and cherries on our drive. (See these photos on instagram here and here) And it made it made the drive much sweeter. (i couldn't resist) I have such fond memories of snacking on fruit and taking in all of the landscape. 

We made quite the trek to the far northwestern part of the state. We drove from the various islands and one of our favorites was this area called Deception Pass. Below are some photos of the bridge, the park surrounding it, and the I believe the Puget Sound?? (I need to have Ashley and Kevin right this post) 



We made a stop to walk across this bridge and take a little walk through the woods. This bridge was beautiful and the architecture blended in so well with the landscape. And the trees here. I love the trees out here. 

Also, Jordan says he wants this haircut again.

I think I have a couple photos of Ashley like this, she has the best hair! 

Have you visited this area before? 

We hope to visit the Pacific Northwest again sometime. We flew right over Oregon and I feel like we really missed out on a good state. I would love to visit Portland. I think I may have to put it on our travel list for next year. 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Yay! Kevin and I loved reading this post. We had so much fun with you guys - please come back soon! Oh, and the body of water is called the Salish Sea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We loved our time visiting you guys, and be careful, because we would love visiting again! Ruby wants to meet you guys!

      Delete

ten dollars for you!

Sign up for Ebates with this link and get 10 dollars! It's one of my favorite ways to save money while shopping online and it's so easy! I've already made over 250 dollars! send me an email if you have any questions!! :)
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Subscribe