finding the best light for photos

Monday, August 15, 2016

This past weekend was so refreshing. We spent a lot of time with friends, as well as a day at home. It's amazing what a normal workweek and a normal weekend can do. I think I'm going to like this year now that Jordan is a second year resident.
And today! today! he has the ENTIRE day off! He was supposed to work tonight, but a miracle happened, and he has off! 
This morning he woke up with Ruby and took her to the Y. I slept in and laid in bed all morning, thinking they'd be back soon. I didn't look at my phone until 1030! It was so wonderful. 
It was just what this mama needed, and now I'm feeling so well. 
I also have these absolutely adorable photos of Ruby to share. While our house stays pretty shaded, her room gets the best light sometimes. When it's just right, I'll stop everything and grab my camera. 

finding the best light for photos

The word photography is rooted in Greek, and the best translation would be 'drawing with light'. It's safe to say that light is the most important thing when taking photos. 

Here are some little tricks to make sure you have the best light for photos

Scan the area for the best light - It only takes a moment to look the best light and will dramatically change your photos! 

1. Natural light is the best - turn off those fluorescent and tungsten lightbulbs even if it's dark! 

2. Look for big windows inside with light pouring in

3. Outside look for soft light. There is such a thing a too much light, which can be very harsh. A sunny day at 12pm is definitely going to cause some trouble. 

4. Sometimes looking for shade or cloudy days can be a good idea

5. The hour before sunset is your best friend, also known as golden hour. My best photos are taken at this time. 

How did we create the most adorable baby?

I hope you all had a lovely weekend, was it restful for you too?

--
Link for Headband

You Might Also Like

0 comments

ten dollars for you!

Sign up for Ebates with this link and get 10 dollars! It's one of my favorite ways to save money while shopping online and it's so easy! I've already made over 250 dollars! send me an email if you have any questions!! :)
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Subscribe