Camping | Big Springs, MO

Thursday, May 26, 2016

The day after Ruby's birthday party, we headed out to Big Springs, Missouri for a little camping trip. My brother, who's name is also Jordan, and his wife, Chelsey joined us. Jordan has a thing for the outdoors and camping. And while, we do a lot of hiking and such, camping is not something we get to do often. 
The Ozarks are filled with all kind of neat places, and we were excited to see a little bit of it.
We went with the typical car camping route, which I can totally handle. Our tent is tiny, but we have an air mattress that fits, so we just called it cozy.
We got to our campsite later in the evening and we almost had it to ourselves, which was actually a little creepy for me. I prefer crowded campsites, safety in numbers, right? However, it was just a little chilly which made for a perfect evening to hang around a campfire and eat all of the s'mores.
The next morning, we headed out to see the river and the big spring. At this point my camera battery was dying and i didn't take it out too much. So this was the only hike I got photos from, but we did do a couple others. 
I really need Jordan to write these posts, because he's literally a fountain of facts and could share with you a little more info. I think he also snapped some photos on his phone, so maybe i'll add on to this post later or post another one with the other hikes. 
I think I mentioned before, but this day was my birthday. And I was a total grump in the morning and it may have been a bad idea to go camping on my birthday. (we celebrated it again later here) But, later everyone sang Happy Birthday to me, and everything was so beautiful (even though we were hiking in the rain) so, I was still able to enjoy out time.
I'm not sure if I've ever seen a natural spring before, but it was very cool to see the water bubbling like this. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

ten dollars for you!

Sign up for Ebates with this link and get 10 dollars! It's one of my favorite ways to save money while shopping online and it's so easy! I've already made over 250 dollars! send me an email if you have any questions!! :)
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Subscribe