do you procrastinate? or do things right away?

Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Jordan and I got in an argument recently about cleaning.

A lot has changed since Ruby, and one of them being that I've taken on more of the cleaning responsibility around the house. I won't go too much farther, because the point of the argument wasn't about cleaning per say. 

It was about how we approach things. I don't like our house messy, but I can tolerate it, especially if I would rather do something else. Even if that something else is sitting on the couch. 

Jordan would rather finish all of the chores and then do other things.

Ok, so maybe we do need some back story here. 
It was after that crazy hard week I was telling you about. Jordan was working nights and I pretty much turned into a zombie, because I can't sleep when he's not here.
By the end of the weekend the house was looking pretty rough.
But, you know. the usual. dishes in the sink, toys scattered everywhere. I was barely maintaining.
We both served at church that Sunday and were wiped. After we ate lunch at home, I didn't want to do another thing. I figured I'd clean in the evening and enjoy the day and rest during ruby's nap. I did clean up a little before when I sensed that's what he wanted to do. After getting lunch cleared and putting away a few toys, I just couldn't do any more. It could wait.

Jordan, on the other hand wanted to finish all of his chores. I mean, he's basically a machine. The man worked the entire night before. And then decided to do yardwork and wash the cars.

I think he tried his hardest to approach it in a way that was kind and loving. But, it just didn't work. I exploded. I was tired and already feeling a little down. I think he asked what we thought our cleaning roles were, but really wanted to ask, why does our house look like a disaster happened?

Anyway, what all started this was that I had 'intentions' of cleaning... later... i just wanted to sit down. And Jordan wanted to work before he sat down.

I was really hurt by what he said to me and I think we forget that we're both two very different people. In that moment I needed to remember that he likes to finish tasks, and he needed to know that I put things off until the (very) last minute. I definitely wish I leaned more to the other side, but I don't.

So, do you procrastinate, or do you like to get things done right away?

How do you deal with these kind of situations when the other person is completely different than you? How do you compromise? 

I'd also love to hear... 
Did you deal with cleaning issues as well as a new mother/newly married/roommate? Please tell me we're not the only ones that are getting in arguments over cleaning!

P.S. Love this site with images of two kinds of people

Oh, and some cute photos of Ruby in her Honest Company Diapers playing with her kitchen just because.

If comments aren't showing up, you can join the discussion here!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

ten dollars for you!

Sign up for Ebates with this link and get 10 dollars! It's one of my favorite ways to save money while shopping online and it's so easy! I've already made over 250 dollars! send me an email if you have any questions!! :)
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Subscribe