my first mother's day

Monday, May 09, 2016

I hope all you mamas and soon to be mamas had a wonderful day yesterday! and to those of you who long to be mamas, I know it's hard. This day is for you too.
Yesterday, I celebrated my first mother's day.
I am so thankful for my little almost-one-year-old who made me a mama. More and more everyday I realize that she's my daughter. Last night she spent a good twenty minutes rolling around on the bed and on top of me, giggling, and biting my nose. We were both cracking up. She's hilarious.
It was a really good day yesterday. I had no expectations for this day. Which was so good for me. and I knew what I wanted to do anyway. I wanted to go shopping!
It actually ended up being a long day, we were at church for quite a while and drove to St. Louis to go to my favorite stores. I snapped some bad dressing room photos of some things I tried on in Anthopologie that I will share with you below.
We were all tired when we got home, and Jordan was able to take a nap before heading into work last night and I was so sleepy I went right to sleep, which is not normal for me when he's not home.
Jordan snapped some photos of Ruby and me in front of the mall. Jordan was in a matching blue shirt and yellow tie earlier at church. We don't normally match this well, but it just sort of happened. I love yellow, and we all ended up wearing almost the exact same shade. (even though I like more of a mustard yellow)
This is a fun light test. I have tons of these of him. Anyway, Jordan bought a new shirt at the gap for like 4 bucks. He couldn't wait to get out of his tie. haha Granted, he did offer to put on his other shirt and tie before photos. 
I actually told him that he didn't need to be in a photo. I just really wanted a photo of my Ruby and me. But, a kind stranger insisted on taking a photo of the three of us. So, I mean, I couldn't say no.
I found this iphone pic of jordan and ruby to show you that he was in fact matching us! Unfortunately it doesn't show off his yellow tie!

And here are some things I tried on at Anthopologie! Let's play a game, what do you think I decided to get? I picked three of these items. :)

white dress, yellow dress

white t-shirt, joggers, rose top
How was your Mother's Day? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

ten dollars for you!

Sign up for Ebates with this link and get 10 dollars! It's one of my favorite ways to save money while shopping online and it's so easy! I've already made over 250 dollars! send me an email if you have any questions!! :)
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Subscribe