Smoky Mountains NP | Tennessee

Monday, September 26, 2016

On our way back from South Carolina (way back in July) we decided to take the long way home. We took the blue ridge parkway and winded through the Appalachian Mountains. While in this moment it was worth it, I was questioning our decision when we arrived home 15 hours later (it's a 10 hour drive). One of our favorite things about road trips is to take things slow, make stops, grab good food.
We made a couple stops along the way, and were incredibly in awe of the view from this vista. We (Jordan) would have loved to get a hike in, but that would put us back even further. We know we will be back and now i'm itching to get a cabin and hang out in the mountains for a little. 
Jordan sharing with Ruby his love for the outdoors

heart melting crooked smile and squinted eyes
Funny story about this bear, affectionately named Smoky. We stopped in at the lodge and Ruby and I were walking around the shop and Ruby found a couple stuffed black bears. She ran up to her papa, holding the bears and he of course could not say no. So he said she could pick one. 
We must have switched roles, because practically thinking, I looked for another black bear souvenir, because she already has more than enough stuffed animals, so I picked out a black bear figurine. 
Jordan did not like this idea, as Ruby has already won him over with the stuffed black bear, so Smoky came home with us. And she just loves him, and cuddles him. 
Ruby in two states
Jordan showing Ruby the Appalachian Trail which he has backpacked. While I'm not quite that hardcore, I wouldn't mind doing some more hiking here.  
real life
All in all it was a great stop! I think I got a little tired from processing though all of our photos from this last trip, but I do have a few randoms maybe I'll drop in sometime this week! Hope you all had a lovely weekend! 

Any recommendations for a future smoky mountain trip? I mean, we always love thinking about our next trip! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

ten dollars for you!

Sign up for Ebates with this link and get 10 dollars! It's one of my favorite ways to save money while shopping online and it's so easy! I've already made over 250 dollars! send me an email if you have any questions!! :)
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Subscribe