spring refresh: the bedroom

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Okay, so we didn't do anything new to our bedroom this spring. We actually haven't touched this room since we moved in this past summer. I need your help with what we should do to give a new, fresh update.
mappillow | duvet | lamp | headboard 
For the most part, I think our bed looks fresh and spring like, especially with the bright and fun pillow. We will switch soon from our flannel sheets. We invested in some nice sheets last summer. 

I think my nightstand could use some fresh flowers, and maybe a basket on the bottom. I keep it pretty simple, because Ruby typically gets into everything. A basket filled with some of her toys would be nice and helpful. 
This area is a mess. This is Jordan's dresser. I love having the photos, but it's a little overwhelming. And the frame isn't even centered above the dresser, it may have been at one point. Any thoughts on what I could do to the wall? and on top of the dresser? 
When I bought this wardrobe, I was going to switch out the hardware, but I never got around to it. I'm not sure if it still needs it, but some simple gold handles would be nice. I also don't love this mirror, but I use it all the time, anyone know of an affordable full length mirror? 
Jordan made the bench. He's made two for us now! And I am sure he will make one in the future, anyone interested in a tutorial? 
This wall to the right is just bad. I bought more frames, but we put them somewhere else. And now the wall just looks big and empty. 
Funny story, I painted this mirror an hour before a part we hosted while it was on the wall. I even bought it that morning at a yard sale. And since living in old homes, I get do my makeup and hair in our bedroom. Over time, I've found that it's easier for me to leave everything out. I think I've found a good solution to making it look nice. 
I want to paint these guys and Jordan's dresser, what do you think? I'm leaning towards black to add some contrast, but I also really like all things white. The furniture here is all hand-me-downs, so I would like to unify it all in some way. 

Alright, I need ideas.

What should I do with Jordan's dresser, on top and on the wall above?
What about the wall to the right of our bed?
Should I paint the furniture? What color?
Any other ideas?

Thank you!

& see the other spring updates in our home here

thanks to Crane & Canopy for inspiring this post!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

ten dollars for you!

Sign up for Ebates with this link and get 10 dollars! It's one of my favorite ways to save money while shopping online and it's so easy! I've already made over 250 dollars! send me an email if you have any questions!! :)
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Subscribe