do you journal?

Thursday, April 07, 2016


I'm curious, do you journal?
I have always had a journal, and was most consistent with journaling in high school and college. Maybe it was all the drama, or what, I don't know. But, I haven't done it as often in my adult life. I typically use this blog to record a lot of my life these days. 
Recently, I left my journal at our church for most of the week and I really missed it. I do journal more frequently now, but not every day. There's something about having it around and the ability to put down words to paper. 

So, if you journal, what do your journal about? 
I often find myself doodling more than journaling sometimes. But, if you were to read my journal (eek, please don't!) you'd find mostly prayers, ramblings, notes, ideas, and things I don't want to forget. 
I would love to journal daily, it's so therapeutic for me. I can't leave my thoughts in my head, I need to process them through writing, art, or my favorite, talking to someone. 

Do you ever decorate your journal? 
Do you remember the days of composition notebooks and covering them in magazine clippings? 
I still love personalizing my journal. I've had this one for two years and finally decided to write part of this poem by Mary Oliver last fall. I think I needed a little encouragement to stop being a loaf on the couch. I'm so glad I had English teachers as roommates to show me good poetry. (Thanks Britt and Steph) 
On the back of this journal I have another part of this poem,

Who made the grasshopper?
This grasshopper, I mean- 

Do you have a go to journal? 
I've stuck with my favorite notebook of all time, the classic moleskine for years. Sometimes switching out different colors like the green above. And, I always, always regret using any different kind. I almost switched to these journals, because they're beautiful, but it wasn't the same. 

I would love to hear your answers to these questions. 
Do you have any other thoughts on journaling?

*Apparently we're having some trouble with the comments over here. I think I've fixed it. If the comments thread isn't showing up, you're welcome to leave your thoughts over on instagram or facebook  sorry about that! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

ten dollars for you!

Sign up for Ebates with this link and get 10 dollars! It's one of my favorite ways to save money while shopping online and it's so easy! I've already made over 250 dollars! send me an email if you have any questions!! :)
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Subscribe