Where I want to travel in 2016

Tuesday, January 19, 2016


Travel is always a big topic in my conversations with Jordan. This month especially, as we try to figure out vacations and places we want to go. I was reading this blog post which had some great places, one that i've been to and a few already on our lists. I read A Cup of Jo's similar post (which also had a few that are on our list too!) and decided to put some of our thoughts to paper (internet) 

We definitely did a lot of traveling this past year, but nothing compared to our previous years. Now that Ruby is a little older, we're hoping we can instill in her a love for travel too (or leave her with grandma) 

This year Jordan and I celebrate 5 years of marriage, which we always thought would be the year we travel to Europe. How did these years go by so fast? Maybe we will still have to wait on that one. For now, here's our list of where we want to travel within the United States this year:

1. Arizona, Antelope Canyon 
This was on both of the lists I read, and for good reason. It's crazy beautiful. We've visited Arizona a couple times. Once for a wedding and the second a quick couple day stop to see the Grand Canyon and Sedona. We're thinking of visiting friends in Phoenix and I've been dreaming of visiting this place since Jordan showed it to me. Maybe we can make the trip if we visit (especially since the boys are already thinking about hiking at the Grand Canyon)

2. The Ozarks, Eureka Springs
Not too far from us, Jordan has been bugging me about this spot since we moved here. I think he's won me over for this year. It's not too far, so we may do this if a big vacation doesn't make the budget for our upcoming vacation or a long weekend.

3. Asheville, North Carolina, Greenville, South Carolina
We will actually be with Jordan's family in South Carolina over our anniversary. Thinking that we can escape for a dinner date to one of these places. We've been to both of these places and love them enough to add to the list again.

4. Glacier National Park
Maybe this can be our five year anniversary trip? Fall sounds like a great time to travel here, which is when Jordan will be able to have time off again. Either way, this on both of our lists, so if it doesn't happen this year, than some day for sure.

5. Denver, Colorado
I have a best friend that lives in Denver, and visited her on a whim a few years ago. Jordan was sending me flight prices today to see if I wanted to go see her over the next couple weekends (surprise, Jen!) Jordan is seriously the best, when he has hard months at work he always encourages me to see friends and have fun. Stud, that guy.
Jordan is also looking up flights as we speak to Phoenix and seeing if we could possible do a long layover to do a quick visit (he's never been!) so maybe we can knock off two of these in one trip!

6. Southern California 
One of our favorite trips to date has been our trip to the west coast. We visited friends in Seattle and headed down to Northern California for a month while Jordan did an away rotation. We traveled to Lake Tahoe (where I snapped the photo above, can you see the blue lake?) Yosemite, San Francisco, and all of the coastal towns on HWY 1 leading up to Big Sur. And Big Sur! It was a dream. So now we're wanting to see what else The Golden State has to offer. (I'd say this is in the running for anniversary trip too)

Do you have any must sees at any of these places?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

ten dollars for you!

Sign up for Ebates with this link and get 10 dollars! It's one of my favorite ways to save money while shopping online and it's so easy! I've already made over 250 dollars! send me an email if you have any questions!! :)
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Subscribe