Chocolate Cake

Thursday, January 28, 2016



Something I love about our little family, is that we love to celebrate. The big things, the small things. Really, we look for any reason to make a cake, to pop a bottle of champagne, or go out to a restaurant. Jordan makes the best double layer chocolate cake. He only uses a box cake mix, and I don't think he does anything special. It's just delicious. So for birthdays, or just because that's usually his celebratory contribution.  


Tonight we have many birthdays to celebrate, both here in our town and afar. And since Jordan isn't home, I am making the the cake! I'm a little determined to make it better than his, so I tried out some ways to enhance box cake. I'm thinking now that maybe I should have just made the icing from scratch, because of all I added to it. I'll update this post later on how it turned out, so far it looks pretty good! Although, I guess anything covered in sprinkles looks appetizing. 

It's also national chocolate cake day, so this cake is definitely fitting! We will be taking this cake with us to our church community group. There were three birthdays in our group this month! And just this week we had quite a few family and friend birthdays. So, Happy Birthday, this cake is for you too! Come on over! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

ten dollars for you!

Sign up for Ebates with this link and get 10 dollars! It's one of my favorite ways to save money while shopping online and it's so easy! I've already made over 250 dollars! send me an email if you have any questions!! :)
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Subscribe