first real snow day

Wednesday, January 20, 2016


Here's to the dreamiest Wednesday morning this stay at home mama could ask for. Currently, I am drinking hot coffee in my wool socks while Ruby takes a long nap. We were able to have some much needed family time to play in the snow this morning. The photos I captured turned out so well that I couldn't help but abandon my other tasks and edit these and share them with you.


I woke up this morning as Jordan walked into our room carrying a fed and happy Ruby. At first I was very scared as I thought this meant that it was still too early for her to be up. It turns out that it was only eight o' clock and Jordan had a two hour delay this morning. Jordan is currently doing an impatient rotation for his residency, so the chances of the snow falling on his day while he's at the clinic are very slim. (Thanks Jen for taking care of those babes at the hospital today) We're thanking God for this sweet slow morning of snow, sunlight, and red noses. 


This was Ruby's first real snow that she could play in at our home. We just moved to a different midwest city, but it seems like we've missed out on a lot of snow. Winter has also taken it's time to show up, so we fully welcomed this big snow in late January. Ruby, like most things, wasn't phased much by the snow. She was interested, sure, but she just acted like she's seen it may times before. So like her father in that way.

Now here are just the few (ok, many) photos that I selected of Ruby to share with you:



Still so incredibly thankful for this sweet family of mine. Definitely thankful for this sweet moment, albeit short, but so needed in this crazy time of long hours at work for Jordan. 

Did it snow where you are? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

ten dollars for you!

Sign up for Ebates with this link and get 10 dollars! It's one of my favorite ways to save money while shopping online and it's so easy! I've already made over 250 dollars! send me an email if you have any questions!! :)
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Subscribe