santa cruz boardwalk

Thursday, January 28, 2016


This gloomy January day has me in a funk that I can't seem to shake. I am really starting to feel these long winter days. Jordan has been working 14 hour days this month and realizing that even though this month is coming to an end, another tough month is starting soon. I'm feeling the weight of everything going on around me and letting things like piles of dirty laundry and photos that need to be backed up shift my mood. I've also listened to Damien Rice's O album in it's entirety and am already moving on to his next album. So, that's not helping. 


So, I've decided to remember when days were longer. These colorful photos fill me with so much joy. In the summer of 2014, Jordan and I drove down the pacific coast highway. It was a beautiful day and we had no agenda, but to enjoy the sights and to stop when we saw something interesting. I had Santa Cruz in the back of my mind as a place to stop and see, and convinced Jordan that it was worth it to wade through the traffic and crowds. Even though it was crazy busy, it was beautiful.


Riding this ski lift ride was definitely my favorite part of this stop. It was fun to take in everything from this view in the sky. It was a unique way to check out the boardwalk and beach. And the sky, it was just so blue and bright. Everything about this trip makes me happy. I am already starting to forget some of my worries now. 


If you also are having a gloomy January day, I hope these photos brightened is a little too. I hope to be sharing more photos from this trip with you, slowly but surely, I promise.

What do you do to avoid getting into a funk on the cold and gloomy winter days?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

ten dollars for you!

Sign up for Ebates with this link and get 10 dollars! It's one of my favorite ways to save money while shopping online and it's so easy! I've already made over 250 dollars! send me an email if you have any questions!! :)
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Subscribe