Ruby's first ice cream cone at eckerts farms

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Eckert's Farm is over across the river from St. Louis, in Belleville, Illinois. Our family loves to visit, because it has a little of everything, and there's always something new growing, or an event happening. 
Our first visit was to one of their summer concerts last year, which included dinner at their restaurant. Since then we've picked apples, strawberries, blackberries, and today I am sharing with you our adventure in veggie and flower picking! 
Also to note in this post, Ruby's first experience with an ice cream cone. Ice cream beard included. 
Jordan was most excited about picking vegetables. Unfortunately we don't have much of a garden at our current house. We have giant trees that shade the yard and make it difficult for growing sun-loving veggies. But, that didn't stop Jordan from digging a whole in the middle of the yard to plant corn. While we're still waiting for a yield from our crop, so,  it was nice to pick some yummy veggies from the fields. 
The photo of Ruby getting ready to chomp down on the pepper. haha 
She's always up for trying something new, although these days she spits it back out. 
Looks like she approved of the pepper. Even this girl understands handpicked and fresh.
I could probably live in these flower fields. I went off to pick a handful of flowers on my own, while everyone else picked veggies. Jordan informed me that they were done for a while, while I was happily selecting my bouquet. I also have no concept of time. 
family photo tip:
if baby is unhappy for photos, throw baby in air (make sure to catch baby, of course) and try again. 
Eckert's frozen custard stand was a welcome sight after being out in the hot sun. 
Ruby enjoyed her first ice cream cone and took it very seriously. She sat here on this bench quietly and licked her ice cream cone the entire time. We were really impressed with how well she did, almost like it's a family trait that we've passed down to her. She held it upright the entire time, like a pro. 
serious business happening
just check out that ice cream beard
I think it's safe to say that Ruby thoroughly enjoyed her first ice cream cone. 
I opted for a pina colada smoothie, which sounded incredibly refreshing. It didn't disappoint. Above is a photo of it next to the beauties I picked. 

Thanks again, Eckerts for a lovely afternoon. We all left a sticky, tired, and happy mess. 
--
If you missed my previous posts from our visit to Eckert's Farm, see those HERE 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

ten dollars for you!

Sign up for Ebates with this link and get 10 dollars! It's one of my favorite ways to save money while shopping online and it's so easy! I've already made over 250 dollars! send me an email if you have any questions!! :)
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Subscribe