happy august

Thursday, August 01, 2013

jordan gets better at photography everyday

here's a life update for you:

i can't believe it's already august and this summer is coming to a close. this is my last day of waking up when i wake up, of eating cookies for breakfast, of taking my time to water and survey my garden. it's my last day of waiting anxiously for jordan to arrive home. and to feel okay that my biggest accomplishment this summer was finishing the gossip girl series (still a little embarrassed about that one). okay okay, i may have done other things... along with watching gossip girl, my other accomplishments this summer are: our garden. hands down. picking up a paint brush. getting a new job, that i like! decorating our house and then redecorating. taking a trip to the big apple. surviving jordan's first rotation. organizing our filing cabinet. joining crossfit. and that the manager at madewell knows my name.:) all in all, i am so thankful for this summer, i keep looking back at how we ended up in such a great house and an awesome city.

but, to be honest i'm a little excited for fall's arrival. with the weather being on the cooler side, i remember what it feels like to grab a jacket or put on a few layers. i'm also looking forward to teaching. this summer i was blessed to be given an opportunity to teach middles school and high school art at a christian school close by. it's really a dream come true and i still cannot believe that it's true. hopefully i'll share a little more of my art projects on this space this year. jordan and i are hosting a med students from ireland at our house this month, so that should be interesting! we're also committed to crossfit for three months. we both really enjoy it and the community at the gym, anyone want to start a bet on how many pull-ups i'll be able to do by october? i'm at 0 now, my goal is 10!

so, here's to you august!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

ten dollars for you!

Sign up for Ebates with this link and get 10 dollars! It's one of my favorite ways to save money while shopping online and it's so easy! I've already made over 250 dollars! send me an email if you have any questions!! :)
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Subscribe